Tuesday 25 June 2013

WOMAN

Here I stand
searching in the eyes of handsome strangers
for acceptance.
Hoping their presence
would mask the absence
of a life without balance.
Believing that they would look pass my faults
pierce though the outer bodily shell and penetrate right to the heart.
Love me
intrinsically
for me.
Strangers
who want not nor know not that:
love is eternal
Strangers
who cared not for how fragile I was.
Whose hungry eyes had grown accustomed to readily
seeing me as a feast.
Always to be known as a piece of meat
to be groped and plucked
by dirty, unwashed hands.
Made to sit on slimy plates
As he 
sunk in cutting deep.
Each cut damaging
the very fibers of my soul;
shattering pieces of what was once whole.
Baked and boiled and made to sit and simmer
consuming the                                                                        
heat
the
heat 
of his compressing body
sweating a lifetime of insecurities,
from his pores into my skin
onto my bare breast.
Mingled with tears
that glided down my face
as he entered my flesh,
without rhyme or reason.
Grunted moans
blocked my silent cries.
His ecstasy
my pain.
I- I love you”, a whispered lie
from between sharp teeths
sinking, biting into my neck.
Drawing not blood
but pieces of my girlhood.
Already stolen and ravaged by boyfriends
who came, before.
Eager for their attention
needing their affection
I relished in being called their girl.
And the sex was just a part of it
as insignificant
constant
as a kiss on the lips.
Not because I loved them
but because I wanted to be loved by them.
And the physical deed
was just a way to receive it.

Till one day I said no more
I am not just a wet hole to plant your future seeds
and humbly be subjugated to fulfilling your feeble needs.
I am, Woman
I am, Woman
Ndi Mukazi
Tuli Bakazi
I am, Woman
A paradox of truth
borne out a lifetime of lies.



No comments:

Post a Comment